Another day in paradise so I decided to try to get the deck of the shed finished plus start on the walls. Somehow (and believe me, it’s a miracle) I managed to get my measurements correct and the 8×4 sheets actually fit on the floor. It’s been a bit frustrating, however, using the wood from Tim’s deck as none of the boards are straight. I can make my best laser-like measurements and still end up off square! I haven’t quite decided how I’m going to create the braces for the wood; it’ll probably just be some struts. I have to add in some steps and the water storage system I mentioned in Phase I.
As noted, I should be able to store just over 6 cords of wood once I’m done. I figure we use about 2 to 2.5 cords per winter although we’ve definitely used less this year as it has been so warm. Having the extra space will allow me to get a year or two ahead with my storage. I guess the final phase is the roof. I haven’t quite figured out how I’m going to do it but I’m sure I’ll think up some strategy that will require 9 revisions!